Emergency and Post Crisis Intern
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 6 months.
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
REMUNERATION: Baht 12,018.- per month
PURPOSE OF INTERNSHIP
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Advisor for EPC or his/her designate in the IOM ROAP, the incumbent will be assigned, but not limited to, the following tasks:
1. Assist in researching and drafting papers, reports and memoranda describing and analyzing humanitarian cooperation and responses in the region.
2. Monitor day-to-day policy developments and debates within the partner institutions and organizations, and provide information to the EPC Unit accordingly.
3. Aid in the development of relevant information databases and tools including but not limited to projects, sector related activities, mapping, and software tools.
4. Support the management of social media sites relating the emergency response.
5. Provide administrative support as required.
6. Assist in organizing meetings, seminars and high-level missions as needed.
7. Support day-to-day activities of the Office, undertake any other activities and lead any other projects as requested by the supervisor.
8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Eligibility and Selection
The Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and activities. Interns must be between 19 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship Programme is open to candidates of any nationality.
a) Either students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated; b) Able to adapt to an international, multicultural, multilingual environment; c) Good communication skills and able to work in a team; d) Familiarity with computer programs, including MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio); e) Webpage as well as database development and management skills an advantage; f) Advanced English writing and communication skills.
a) Interns are granted a stipend of Baht 12,018.- per month as partial contribution to accommodation and living expenses. Interns benefiting from an internship allowance or scholarship granted by his/her University or other sponsoring body that includes financial remuneration will not be eligible for the stipend.
b) Before commencing work, the Intern will be required to obtain a fit-to-work medical certificate from his/her doctor and submit vaccination records.
c) The Intern will be responsible for obtaining the necessary entry visa and arranging their travel to Bangkok. IOM will assist only in issuing documents required in visa processing.
d) IOM only covers the Intern against occupational accidents and illnesses under the Compensation Plan (CP), free of charge, for the duration of the assignment. IOM does not provide evacuation or medical insurance for reasons related to non-occupational accidents and illnesses. The Intern is responsible for his/her own medical insurance for non-occupational accident or illness, and will be required to provide written proof of such coverage before commencing work.
e) Any work produced by interns during their internship within the framework of the duties assigned to them should be used for academic purposes exclusively. All economic and moral rights (copyright) pertaining to such work will remain the exclusive property of IOM.
- As described in job description
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
- As described in job description
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int Please include the reference code ROBKK-VA2017-15 followed by your full name in the subject line. Applications should include: a) a cover letter, indicating the dates of availability; b) a curriculum vitae; c) a duly completed IOM Personal History Form (may be downloaded from http://th.iom.int);
IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific
Rajanakarn Building, 18th Floor • 3, South Sathorn Rd • Yannawa, Sathorn District • Bangkok 10120 • Thailand
Tel: +66 2 343 9400 • Fax: +66 2 343 9499 / + 66 2 286 0630 • E-mail: ROBangkok@iom.int • http://www.iom.int