The European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or p
The candidate needs to demonstrate the following criteria:
- A relevant first level university degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at national or international level in supporting programme/project operations,
- Experience in the humanitarian and/or development sectors with an NGO’s, donor, or national/international organisation;
- An experience of at least 2 years related to Risk Management/Resilience;
- Good understanding of Humanitarian Aid principles, policies and standards;
- Good knowledge of the EU humanitarian aid system preferable;
- Good knowledge of International NGOs, UN Aid agencies and Red Cross Movement;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- An excellent knowledge of English;
- Thai citizenship or foreigners holding a valid work and residence permit to live and work in Thailand.
As a part of a small but dynamic team, the Programme Assistant for Disaster Risk Reduction/Resilience will carry out activities under the guidance of the ECHO/Technical Assistant. For the detailed activities, see attached Terms of Reference (TOR) for the position.
Application consists of:
- a cover letter setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed CV in the attached Europass CV template only ; and
- academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- a copy of the valid work and residence permit to live and work in Thailand.
- As described in job description
The application should be sent by email to email@example.com until 17:00hrs (Bangkok time) on 30.01.2017 at the latest. The reference of the position must be clearly indicated in the subject line.