The UN refugee agency emerged in the wake of World War II to help Europeans displaced by that conflict. Optimistically, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly with a three-year mandate to complete its work and then disband. The following year, on July 28, the U
Post Level: Equivalent to General Service (GS) - 5
Report To: Associate PSP Officer (Thailand)
Section: Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) Thailand
Scope of Assignment
• Contribute to the development and execution of the private sector fundraising strategy for UNHCR in Thailand with a focus on supporter development and loyalty.
• Ensure that PSP donor retention income targets are achieved in a cost effective manner.
• Support the development and implementation of donor retention communications materials and activities for existing donors and for emergency appeals.
• Write content and supervise the design and production of the donor care materials.
• Supervise the call centre activities including; upgrading, reactivation and strategic testing of all techniques.
• Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for donor retention to improve life time value of donors. Analyze reports and propose recommendations to improve the programme performance.
• Provide the necessary assistance to help ensure key performance indicators (including both short term and long term retention rate) are achieved for the retention programmes and ensure the provision of quality and timely reporting of results to the PSP Team.
• Monitor and report on progress against the work plan, expenditure, budget and targets.
• Keep abreast of developments on UNHCR’s work both in the country and worldwide and communicate all relevant information to the existing supporter base.
• Provide support in organizing day to day briefing, training and management of contractors to develop and implement donor retention plans.
• Oversee the PSP supplier arrangements and contracts for donor management and communications.
• Closely cooperate with the acquisition programme units and other departments in UNHCR Thailand to enhance the donor quality and retention.
• Supervise PSP Assistant to implement donor retention and development plan.
• Perform other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Representative/Associate PSP Officer in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
• Thai nationality is preferable.
• Completion of High School certificate and/or University level education in communication, marketing or other related fields.
• Minimum three year’s experience in private sector fundraising, communication, marketing or journalism with at least one year experience in working with an international NGO or the UN preferable.
• Well-connected network of media in Thailand.
• Interpersonal skill and excellent in building relationship.
• Ability to analyze performance report will be an advantage.
• Experience in providing training and motivation is preferred.
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service oriented manner in a demanding working condition.
• Good analytical skills, including the use of Excel, and an ability to interpret complex marketing data.
• Mature, polite and a team player is essential.
• Demonstrate knowledge the NGO sector and private sector fundraising.
• Ability to work and deliver under tight deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of English / written, oral, comprehension.
• Good presentation skills.
• Ability to interface effectively and professionally with key UNHCR staff.
- As specified in the description
Please submit your Motivation Letter, P.11 and Curriculum Vitae indicating the vacancy announcement number and position title to: THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified the outcome of the selection process.
UNHCR/P.11 and supplementary forms can be downloaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc
- All UNHCR staff members in Thailand
- UN organizations in Thailand
- Specialized Agencies
- Diplomatic Missions
- International NGOs
- Non-government Organizations