For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child,
UNICEF Thailand works to ensure the rights of all children in Thailand. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of Chief Child Protection, the consultant will:
- Provide technical support on programme planning and development.
- Support development of partnerships with government, NGOs, and/or academic institutions.
- Support in monitoring and provide technical inputs into the implementation of child protection project activities on the protection of children affected by migration, including providing support for multiple research projects.
- Provide technical support as an expert on mission from UNICEF in inter-agency meetings on migration, trafficking, displacement and statelessness. Provides technical support for policy advocacy on related issues.
- Ensure relevant reports and programme documents concerning children affected by migration in Thailand are the latest. Provide comprehensive analysis on issues affecting children with recommendations and milestones contributing to programme management and planning.
- Identify, capture, document, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development.
- Progress report at the end of every month: Progress reports should include reference to overall progress in implementation of UNICEF-supported activities vis-à-vis the plan, constraints and challenges, recommended actions by UNICEF to ensure achievement of desired results. Report will also highlight progress in networking with partners and expansion of alliances on the related issues.
- Establishment of information and document database.
- Three issue/position papers.
- Final report at the end of contract.
Estimated Duration of Contract: 10 months, starting ASAP.
Official Travel: Travel within Thailand to support project implementation and to attend meetings.
- University Degree in political science, human rights, social science, law, public administration, or related field.
- Robust knowledge and understanding of child protection and migration, displacement, statelessness and human trafficking concepts, issues and approaches. Understanding and ability to analyze child protection issues, including on strengthening of systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in professional work of related field.
- Adaptability and flexibility, knowledge of ethical approaches to working on sensitive issues and vulnerable children.
- High fluency in written and verbal Thai and English required.
- Computer and MS Office literate.
- Familiarity in working with UN or Non-profit organization, a plus.
- Thai Nationality.
- as specified in the job description
For more detail and apply visit this link : http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/514455?lApplicationSubSourceID?lApplicationSubSourceID
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV or P-11, full contact information of minimum 2 references, availability, and proposed monthly professional fee in THB by 23 July 2018
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.