Since its founding in 1966, ADB has been driven by an inspiration and dedication to improving people’s lives in Asia and the Pacific. By targeting our investments wisely, in partnership with our developing member countries and other stakeholders, we can alleviate poverty and help create a world in which everyone can share in the benefits of sustained and inclusive growth.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB’s mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB’s main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 members.
The position is assigned in the Treasury Services Division (TDTS) within the Treasury Department (TD) to be outposted to Thailand Resident Mission (TRM). TD performs a wide array of services that aim to strategically plan and manage ADB's finances, and efficiently mobilize funds required for the Bank's operations. TDTS performs treasury back office functions, including funding and investment operations, loan disbursements, IT systems, and technical assistance operations. It manages ADB’s overall cash position, ensuring ADB’s timely delivery of funds for its loan and grant disbursements, debt service payments, and other expenses.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a 3-year special fixed-term appointment. At the end of the period, the appointment may, at the option of ADB, be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period or allowed to lapse. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the original or extended term. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment.
Under the guidance of senior staff in the Treasury Regional Hub, the Senior Treasury Assistant will provide analytical, technical and critical administrative support in various treasury functions relating to trade management and settlement processing of funding, investment and foreign exchange transactions and cash management activities. Incumbent is also expected to act as back up to HQ teams in processing various transactions including payments related to loans, technical assistance, grants, pensions, payroll and administrative expenses.
The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and National Staff.
- Undertakes activities relating to the trade capture of new funding transactions (bonds and swaps) in the treasury system and settlement of existing bonds and derivatives portfolio which include pre-settlement confirmation activities with counterparties.
- Performs other functions such as testing of potential trade structures, management of early redemptions, settlement and trade discrepancy resolutions, and responds to queries from internal and external clients.
- Undertakes activities relating to the settlement of ADB’s investment transactions such as money market in various currencies, bond purchases and euro commercial paper issuance, FX spot trades, and other trade types.
- Assists HQ team in cash flow projections and administering collections, including capital subscription payments, contributions to ADF, and loan service payments due to ADB.
- Assists in the management of banking relationships and reconciliation of ADB’s cash accounts and in the monitoring and analysis of debt service obligations, interest income and bank charges.
- Acts as back-up in the timely and accurate execution of payments and disbursements relating to loans, technical assistance, grants, private equity funds, investments, and administrative expenses, including payroll and pensions, travel advance and inter-fund transactions.
- Participates in testing new software and revisions to the existing system. Assists in identifying required system modifications and enhancements.
- Prepares necessary communications and correspondence with external parties such as depository or correspondent banks for the review of the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required.
Relevant Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related disciplines. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in treasury operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant Treasury procedures, guidelines and standards; understanding of the interaction between Treasury and other work areas.
- Familiar with remittances by SWIFT.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with computer software in common use in multilateral organizations or financial institutions, Oracle enterprise-wide solution, and specialized Treasury related software such as Summit, Misys, Bloomberg, and Reuters; proficiency in use of computer database to input and extract information, and to generate standard and ad hoc reports.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Levels 4-5
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Thailand.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.